pre6

John Douglas Rowell jdrowell at jdrowell.com
Tue Nov 30 09:40:03 PST 1999

On Tue, Nov 30, 1999 at 06:12:50PM +0100, Mikulas Patocka wrote:
> >    - even with iso-8559-1 on, the accented characters don't show up
> > (like the '?' in Fr?d?ric's name)
>
> Did you select your display codepage in Setup->Character set?

OK, that works fine :) I had only set it in the View menu.

> >    - the first character on all links is not inverted when the link is
> > selected
>
> Isn't it cursor?

Yep, it seems to be the cursor, since when I click anywhere inside the
Xterm it inverts the character. Is there a way to disable the cursor
when over links and form buttons?

> >    - ascii character 183 is converted to '.'. this looks like a
> > characters set issue also
>
> 0xB7    0x00B7  #       MIDDLE DOT
>
> If you have display in 7bit ascii, it is converted to dot.

Yep, same as the accented chars. Working fine.

There is also an issue with "mailto:" links. Maybe they should be
ignored until the function is implemented (i.e. running Mutt or
something) to avoid confusion. Also, the borders used around tables and
menus uses the 7-bit chars, but would look even nicer if they used the
custom border characters available when using 8-bit ascii.

As a suggestion, the justified setting (like <P ALIGN=justify>) look
spiffy with text displays too. Since some people (i.e. Frdric :P)
don't like it, maybe it could be a menu option if the function is
implemented in the future.

jdrowell

--
John Douglas Rowell            Home of jdfetch 0.4.0, jdresolve 0.5.2,
me at jdrowell.com                jdrinfo 0.2, jdtracker 0.11 and
Member of the AppWatch staff - http://appwatch.com - staff at appwatch.com

--mkijalpcbnideclmeloi