[links-list] Use separate editor for text area

Uncle Jeff jeffhowie at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 8 10:59:40 PDT 2000

--- Cliff Cunnington <cliff at ccnet.demon.nl> wrote:
That's understandable. Looking back through the email archive, I
remember someone making the point that Lynx has a lot more features
merely because it's been around for so long. As far as I'm concerned,
things like background downloads & frames, just to name a few, make
Links more desirable to use than having these other 'bells & whistles'.

Another thing I've noticed is that Links doesn't seem to mind me resizing
the xterm window running it. Another bonus!

thks

Cliff Cunnington <cliff at ccnet.demon.nl> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 05, 2000 at 11:38:12AM -0700, Uncle Jeff wrote:
> | Hi all. Being a brand new Links user (literally hours old), I first off have to say
> | that
> | this browser RULES!! Up 'till now I've been an avid Lynx user, but for a few things I
> | forsee saying goodbye to lynx forever.
> | I downloaded & compiled Links 0.92 w/o a hitch. I've turned the colors on, saved a few
> | settings like associations, and I'm starting to get comfortable. Usually when I log on
> | to type a new mesage like this with Lynx, I can '^V^E' to escape to my favorite editor
> | (vim).
> | Is there a way to do this in links (yet, or any plans to do so)?
>
> No. Links is thin on "Lynx features" like this. The only escape from within
> Links is to the shell, with the key sequence ESC-f-o.

=====
THKS %^>
JeffHowie at Yahoo.com