[links-list] Links does not set charset correctly?

cris at pc-amo2.elet.polimi.it cris at pc-amo2.elet.polimi.it
Fri Aug 11 03:31:39 PDT 2000

Hi all,
I want to bring to attention a (maybe) bug in links.
I have some documents written with italian accents, that report
the following in the header:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=cp437">

Links seem to recognize this, because if you select "Document Info", it correctly reports "Codepage: CP 437". But the document isn't actually displayed with codepage 437, and I have to select the "Character set" option in the "Setup" menu to have it correctly displayed. Shouldn't it adapt automatically?

Thank you, Bye

   Cris