[links-list] Translating of Links

Pablo Saratxaga pablo at mandrakesoft.com
Tue Aug 29 05:01:51 PDT 2000

Kaixo!

I write some time ago about it; but the authors were on Holiday; I hope
they are back now.

Well, I have contacts with translators in a lot of languages; and I could
provide translations into a lot of them (I've half of an Arabic translation
waiting on my HD just now); however the current handling of languages in
Links is quite rigid.
Isn't it possible to modify it so that each language translation goes to
a different file the is dynamically loaded (or not) ?
Otherwise it will be really hard when the number of translations will
reach 30 or 40 languages (which I would love to help; as links is currently
one of the best text mode browsers).

For the translators side, it would be nice if they could interact only
with a standard *.po file format; then having that po file converted to
whatever format Links uses internally (and back; convert from Links format
to *.po format when updates are needed).

If that can be done, I could provide quite quickly several translations.

Thank you.

--
Ki a vos vye bn,
Pablo Saratxaga