graphical links (was Re: [links-list] Links - feature request)

Petr Kulhavy brain at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz
Thu Aug 23 11:25:33 PDT 2001

> > > Secondly, I wonder if anyone has entertained a silly but potentially
> > > worthwhile idea - rendering images in whatever character sets are
> > > available. Wouldn't be too good with small pictures, but with medium
> > > to large size pics, some smart bitmap->character mapping could make
> > > for reasonable viewing.
> >
> > Nonsense. We're working on graphical version.
>
> can you give more details...will we be able to continue to use frame
> buffer consoles for example and not need X.

It will run in X, SVGAlib and OS/2. It will render pictures and support
java script in addition to current functions. Framebuffer is not yet
supported, maybe later when other (of above mentioned) will be done.

Petr `Brain' Kulhavy
<brain at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~brain
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University Prague, Czech Republic

---
A good memory does not equal pale ink.