hobbes (Re: [links-list] Patch for charset recoding when submitting forms)

Alexander Mai st002279 at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Jan 11 04:27:16 PST 2001

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 01:22:20PM +0100, Cristiano Guadagnino wrote:
> Hi

[...]
> > BTW, it's a very bad idea to publish non-official releases on Hobbes!
> > We should try to tell people not to do this IMHO.
> > If one wants to test (s)he should come here and pick one
> > 'pre' release up.
> > Hobbes is in my opinion for mature stuff, i.e. official releases.
>
> I agree. BTW, I did this because some people asked for a compiled version of
> the latest sources (0.94pre9 at that time). I didn't know where to put it,
> so I put it on hobbes, where everyone could download it.
> What does it mean "he should come _here_ and.."... what are you referring
> to, when you say "here"?
>
> Bye
>
>    Cris

The site where the sources are being offered, or in a more general sense
the mailinglist for links.

One additional problem with the hobbes uploads is that often
beta releases remain there for ever while more recent, mature versions
are available. Or do you plan to keep hobbes uptodate with all upcoming
releases?! ;-)

--
Alexander Mai
st002279 at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de