[links-list] Patch to work inside Twin.

Matt Ackeret mattack at area.com
Fri Jan 19 15:32:54 PST 2001

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Marco Bodrato wrote:

>Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 20:37:00 +0100 (CET)
>From: Marco Bodrato <bodrato at linuz.sns.it>
>To: Brent Cook <busterb at mail.utexas.edu>
>Cc: links-list at appwatch.com
>Subject: Re: [links-list] Patch to work inside Twin.
>
>A little off topic...
>
>> that screenshot - it's a little jumbled, though it may be clearer on a
>> larger screen (say an xterm - I'll try twin out sometime).
>
>	Twin can not run in an xterm, but it can run natively under X.
>Just for fun I saved a bigger screenshot:
>	http://www-studenti.dm.unipi.it/~bodrato/twin-links-aaview.png

In the original message, I triple-clicked on that line (in Terminal, on
OSX), copied the line out, and pasted it into iCab.. (both Pre 2.4, running in
Classic -- and Pre 2.3, running natively on OSX).

I get a 404 not found error in both cases.

after carefully copying/pasting just the URL, it works fine.

However, when the window shows the 404 not found, it has shrunk the
URL shown in the link field down -- i.e. apparently gotten rid of white
space..  But I still can't go to that site.

Aaah, a little more experimentation showed that it seems to be related to
iCab's removal of white space..  at least in the iCab running in Classic,
the URL is ending up as:
"http://www-studenti.dm.unipi.it/~bodrato/twin-links-aaview.pngview.pn"

See, it removed the 'g' from the end..  But even if I type the 'g' at the
end, it's still not working right.

So I think that iCab's white-space-removal is partially broken.

Yes, there is a workaround -- I should more carefully select just the URL,
but computers are supposed to make life easier and "do what I want"..

CC-ing support at icab.de, I dunno if they read this list carefully.