[links-list] Re: an idea

Marius Gedminas marius.gedminas at uosis.mif.vu.lt
Thu Sep 13 16:28:30 PDT 2001

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 07:26:39PM -0400, c. stuart wrote:
> just an idea -  maybe there could be a key combo to skip down 5 links at a
> time?  it would make navigating pages, like slashdot, much easier.
> example - slashdot's index with all the links that you have to go through
> on the left table cell before getting to the posted content.

Links' commands can be prefixed by a repeat count.  Try 5 <Down>.

(I find this mostly useful with <Ins>/<Del> and [/] for smoother
scrolling by specifying repeat count of 1)

Marius Gedminas
--
Some performers on television appear to be horrible people, but when
you finally get to know them in person, they turn out to be even worse.
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org