[links-list] Test case that links cannot display properly.

Len len at reeltwo.com
Mon Sep 17 19:43:33 PDT 2001

Try to render the following html with links and lynx.

The quick brown fox
jumps over the lazy dog.
<pre>The quick brown fox
jumps over the lazy dog.</pre>
<pre>The quick brown fox
jumps over the lazy dog.</pre>

e.g.:

[len at nepenthes len]$ links -dump test.html
jumps over the lazy dog.

jumps over the lazy dog.

  The quick brown fox
  jumps over the lazy dog.

[len at nepenthes len]$ lynx -dump test.html

    The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

The quick brown fox
jumps over the lazy dog.

The quick brown fox
jumps over the lazy dog.

Lynx does it much better for this case. I had a wee poke around to try
and find how to fix this, but just got completely lost. Usually I browse
exclusively with links, but this is forcing me to use lynx instead...
:-(  Any takers for fixing this?

Cheers,
	Len.

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org