[links-list] Re: Resuing Microsoft code

clemensF ino-waiting at gmx.net
Tue Apr 2 03:29:18 PST 2002

> Petr Baudis:

> Dear diary, on Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 11:34:47PM CEST, I got a letter,
> where Michal Maru??ka <mmc at maruska.dyndns.org> told me, that...
> > Sorry, but now that there is Qt for console
> >       (see  http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/03/31/2350239)
> >
> > (e)links is obsoleted (by konqueror)!
>
> I saw that. However, such browsers as konqueror simply won't work well enough
> in text mode. They're not designed to be controlled by keyboard, so I think
> they won't be very convient to use.

which GUI browsers really do provide keyboard-shortcuts for everything?
galeon?  opera?  if, however, the mouse also works, it might be something.
imagine just relinking some moronic GUI stuff to get something more usable!
but i don't think a relinked GUI app can be as good as a normal app.

on the other hand, what we all want is applications that could be given
customizable faces by relinking them, which means, people who's
productivity is quenched by GUI's, but need a showcase, could relink their
elinks to have a fast GUI-browser.  i know this isn't what qtconsole is
about, though.

clemens fischer
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org