[links-list] Re: URLs to external programs [POOL] Your personal wishlist :)

David Mediavilla r96x6a79yki40001 at sneakemail.com
Mon Apr 1 19:03:46 PST 2002

Petr Baudis escribió:
> wishlists etc :). Looking forward for them.

	I want the ability to call either external programs or scripts (can Lua
do this now?) on the URLs of the current link and the current page.
Links would read from the configuration the name of the menu option and
the program or function that implements it.
	This would allow users to set menu options "Open in Netscape", "Get
with CUrl", "Create URL object".
	The mechanism should provide the client the URL, the title (or the text
between <a > and </a>) and MIME type (for the current page)
	A similar mechanism allow to "save through" so that the contents of the
current page (HTML or cooked) or current link are passed to another
program: e.g. to unzip it, to print it, to mail it.

--
	David Mediavilla Ezquibela
		[ES/EN/EO/IT/EU] 		(Baraka)

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org