[links-list] Re: links-announce mailing list?

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Tue Apr 9 00:14:52 PDT 2002

Dear diary, on Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 02:30:47AM CEST, I got a letter,
where David Mediavilla <r96x6a79yki40001 at sneakemail.com> told me, that...
> Petr Baudis escribió:
> > Dear diary, on Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 10:47:31PM CEST, I got a letter,
> > where Jonas Moberg <jonas at chello.se> told me, that...
> > > How about a links-announce mailing list?
> > Interesting idea. Do more people want this? :) Please stand up.
>
> 	I'd split the traffic in a low traffic list (announces) and a livelier
> one (bugs, features, discussion). The current division doesn't seem to
> be very useful. For example, the recent thread on feature wishes should
> have gone in l-discuss under my understanding of the welcome message.
> It's not always obvious whether we are talking about bug correction or
> new features.
>
> 	In a low/high split, Baudis would have sent a message to links-low with
> a Reply-To: links-high to bring there the discussion.

I was actually never very excited from this separation.. IMHO it would be
better to use links-list as _users_ mailing list and links-discuss as
_developers_ mailing list.

What do you think?

Teamwork is essential -- it allows you to blame someone else.
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org