[links-list] Re: Wish list

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Tue Apr 9 05:27:19 PDT 2002

Dear diary, on Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 10:22:00AM CEST, I got a letter,
where csaba.raduly at sophos.com told me, that...

> On 09/04/2002 05:22:18 links-list-bounce wrote:
>
> >Re: links wish lists
> >
> >Does anyone besides me (on this list) use links for reading html mail?
> >Links is a really good html->text converter, but one thing I wish it
> >could do is show me mail-quoted text as quoted; in other words,
> >if something is wrapped in a <blockquote type=cite> or a
> >of the text with "> " (as many levels deep as the blockquote nesting).
> >

> Alas, it might not be that simple.
> and preceding those lines with "> " might not be appropriate
> for anything else. (e.g. "cite" might mean a quotation
> from a book in a research paper. That'll not look like
> the author expected).
>
> I doubt there's a reliable way to identify that a particular
> HTML file is an HTML mail.

That's why I want that as a runtime option by default off (you can then call
links from mailer with this option explicitly on), and why I don't want it in
mainstream..

Teamwork is essential -- it allows you to blame someone else.
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org