[links-list] Re: links-announce mailing list?

Jonas Moberg jonas at chello.se
Thu Apr 11 11:08:40 PDT 2002

> > I'd split the traffic in a low traffic list (announces) and a
livelier
> > one (bugs, features, discussion). The current division doesn't
seem to
> > be very useful. For example, the recent thread on feature wishes
should
> > have gone in l-discuss under my understanding of the welcome
message.
> > It's not always obvious whether we are talking about bug
correction or
> > new features.
> >
> > In a low/high split, Baudis would have sent a message to links-low
with
> > a Reply-To: links-high to bring there the discussion.
>
> I was actually never very excited from this separation.. IMHO it
would be
> better to use links-list as _users_ mailing list and links-discuss
as
> _developers_ mailing list.
>
> What do you think?

I'm a newcomer to this list but from what I've seen so far you're both
right.
The difference between the two current lists isn't exactly clear and
it
doesn't look like I'm the only one confused... =) I don't know why the
list was split initially of course since I wasn't around then, but it
seems
as if you'd be better of with a links-user and a links-devel (and a
links-announce of course =).

--
Jonas Moberg

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org