[links-list] Re: Solaris oddities

clock at atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz clock at atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz
Tue Aug 6 23:30:24 PDT 2002

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 06:35:09PM +0200, Dr. Peter Leibner wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, William Yodlowsky wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>
> Hi, thanks for your answer, but the problem is that I can't ftp to a
> ftp://-page. I'm using SuSE 8.0-Linux. Otherwise, I agree with you that
> links is a great deal. But some fine tuning is REALLY necessary!!
> And, which is worse, the developers send the same stupid answers you get
> from "fraeuleins" on hot lines. People are fast in writing but slow

The fraeuleins get paid for their rudeness but we make it for free. We have
limited resources (=nearly none) so have to decide which way to waste them.

> in thinking :)
>

> > First let me say that I've test driven every browser I have found, and
> > links is the best!  links -g is quick, small, fast and renders pages
> > very nicely.  Great work and thanks to the developers  :)

You have got probably just a fast computer.

> > It works flawlessly for me on BSD, but on Solaris...  I found a post
> > with similar troubles here:

> > The 'paste' key on a Sun keyboard prints a "g" inside links, Ctrl and
> > Shift by themselves often cause links to go back one page, and pasting
> > (Shift+MiddleButton) pastes things that are not on the clipboard any
> > longer.
> >
> > And for some reason SSL is broken on Solaris, while it works fine on
> > BSD.  It was linked with OpenSSL 0.9.6b and (now) 0.9.6e, and did not
> > work with either.
> >
> > I've tried using 2.1pre2 compiled from sources, as well as downloading
> > the precompiled Solaris binary of 2.0 - they both do the same things.
> >
> > Is there anything I can do to help resolve these issues?

Try to debug it on the Solaris and determine what's going on. I'm currently
working on the Ronja project so have no time at the moment.

--
Karel 'Clock' Kulhavy
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org