[links-list] Re: Rendering of SGML and super/subscripts

Steve White swhite at zipcon.net
Thu Aug 8 14:52:26 PDT 2002

Josef, I disagree with you about offset superscripts.  I find the
offset superscripts far easier to read than inline versions.

You seem to argue that Landau would have agreed with me.

But this is a matter of taste.  Ideally, it should be up to the user.

Oh, yes, I did indeed read theses that were written on a mechanical
typewriter.  In fact, I seem to remember typing one--subscripts,
superscripts, sums, integrals, matrices, and everything.  I sure
wish I'd had a computer to do that job!

("..slows down rendering..."  Come on!)

You're quite right about Lynx doing a good job with super-
and sub-scripts.  It's buggy and inconsistent.  I have contacted the
Lynx people about this.

"Josef 'Jupp' Schugt" <jupp at gmx.de> wrote

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org