[links-list] Re: Display of SGML Greek characters

BC Sittler bsittler at iname.com
Wed Aug 14 14:31:32 PDT 2002

Three simple options for UTF-8 with Greek fonts:

1. Linux console:

	echo -e '\e%G'
	setfont -u iso07 iso07.f16

2. XFree86 XTerm (use a recent version of everything):

	xterm -u8 -fn '-misc-fixed*iso10646*'

3. Mac OS X 10.2 Terminal.app v71

	# choose the "Monaco Regular" font

Links or ELinks in UTF-8 I/O mode with the ISO8859-7 "display" charset can then show Greek characters just fine.