[links-list] [ANNOUNCE] elinks-0.4pre16

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Fri Aug 30 18:10:19 PDT 2002

Hello,

  this release is generally fast resync; in order to prepare things for
hiearchic trees in the listboxes (the thing which shows bookmarks, global
history etc), I had to rewrite most of this stuff.. now I've a strong feeling
that it needs massive re-cleanup and another rewrite of some ugly parts which
evolved so during this rewrite, but it works now and is not *that* messy ;-).
Usual suite of language updates and various tiny stuff follows.

  I would also like to call for anyone using ELinks, who knows English and any
other language (except French, Czech and Ukrainian, whose translations are kept
fairly up-to-date) - there's a great need for updating of translations for
various languages, as most of them are unmaintained and contains a lot of dead
entries, for which no translation in that language is available. It would be
nice if this would be at least partially fixed in ELinks-0.4.0.

  Options *WON'T* change anymore without breaking backwards compatibility (so,
from now, if some option will relocate, alias will be kept in the previous
place for some time), unless something really shocking will happens.. ;-)

  Unfortunately, before release another thing must be done it looks -
currently, the SSL support is kind of er, plain; this gives user the False
Sense of Security, as we don't check if certificates are OK at all, we don't
allow to view them, we don't allow user to specify own SSL-related stuff etc.
And after talking with various people it looks that we should fix this ASAP.
If someone would help me with this, I'd be really glad.

  If this ELinks will crash to you, *PLEASE* let me know, with backtrace and
descrpition of the thing you did when it crashed, if possible (if you can
reproduce it, even better!).

  So, the main changes in elinks-0.4pre16 are:

* Introduced some predefined options - terminal.<various>.., few most common
extension->mime associations
* Introduced -stdin commandline option
* Added --without-gpm configure option
* Introduced document.browse.scroll_magin option
* Colors in elinks.conf are now saved as names instead of rgb if possible

* Total rework of listbox API

* Portuguese translation
* Brazilian-Portuguese translation updates
* Polish translation updates
* Danish translation updates
* Hungarian translation updates

  Please see ChangeLog for full list of changes and credits (together with
AUTHORS).

  As unusual, the elinks itself may be now found at http://elinks.or.cz/.

PS: Again, you're welcomed to join #elinks at irc.openprojects.net, if you
want to see ELinks developers alive! :)

PPS: Please use

$ cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.elinks.or.cz:/var/cvs/elinks co elinks

for getting CVS version of ELinks from now. It's rsync'd each 15 mins.

  Still happy cores generating and bugs reporting,

* IRCnet operator                  * FreeCiv AI occassional hacker
.
<Beeth> Girls are like internet domain names, the ones I like are already taken.
<honx> Well, you can still get one from a strange country :-P
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org