[links-list] Re: probable bug in elinks: wrong < and > interpretation

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Sat Jan 5 01:06:16 PST 2002

Dear diary, on Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 03:23:10AM CET, I got a letter,
where Peter Wang <tjaden at alphalink.com.au> told me, that...
> On 2002-01-04, Petr Baudis <pasky at pasky.ji.cz> wrote:
> > Dear diary, on Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 05:49:24PM CET, I got a letter, where
> > Khimenko Victor <khim at sch57.msk.ru> told me, that...
> > >
> > > Perhaps something like HTML Tidy call should go in default hooks.lua then?
> > > I'm not sure if such thing can be done from lua just now... Then
> > > interpretation of every broken-yet-visible-in-MS-IE-page will be HTML Tidy
> > > problem and not links problem ...
> >
> > This should be possible. In fact I do this partially now in my
> > hooks.lua (see "fix unclosed input/a tags" in hooks.lua). It would be
> > nice if someone would do this more properly.
>
> Put something like this in `pre_format_html_hook' in `hooks.lua'.
> I didn't test it much.
>

> function pre_format_html_hook (url, html)
> 	.
> 	.
>     -- put all .htm* pages through HTML Tidy
>     elseif sstrfind (url, ".htm") then
>         return pipe_read ("cat << UGLY_HACK_EOF | tidy 2>/dev/null\n"..html..
>                           "\nUGLY_HACK_EOF")
>     end
> 	.
> 	.
Let's do this rather on a keypress.

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC, FreeCiv, (e)links
.
The advantage of GUI is that you can see everything you can change.
The disadvantage of GUI is that you can change only what you can see.
.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org