[links-list] Re: links and authentication

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Sat Jan 5 08:48:21 PST 2002

Dear diary, on Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 05:30:14PM CET, I got a letter,
where clemensF <ino-waiting at gmx.net> told me, that...
>   0 p1 eli #cvs -z3 update -rHTTP_AUTH elinks
>   cvs update: notice: main loop with \
>                       CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at pasky.ji.cz:/home/cvs/elinks
>    -> Sending file `Makefile.in' to server
>    -> Sending file `aclocal.m4' to server
>    -> Sending file `configure' to server
>    -> Sending file `stamp-h.in' to server
>
> don't i pollute the repository on the server with this?  i thought `update'
> is for people with commit-permission?
Nope. Update has nothing to do with commit, it just updates your tree by
changes done in CVS repository.

>   ? elinks/stamp-h
>   ? elinks/config.log
>   ? elinks/config.h
>   ? elinks/config.cache
>   ? elinks/config.status
>   ? elinks/.deps
>   ? elinks/Makefile
>   ? elinks/links
>
> what do the question marks mean?
That the file isn't in repository and thus unknown for CVS.

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC, FreeCiv, (e)links
.
The advantage of GUI is that you can see everything you can change.
The disadvantage of GUI is that you can change only what you can see.
.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org