[links-list] Re: [ANNOUNCE] elinks-0.2, release policy change

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Wed Jan 9 05:13:10 PST 2002

Dear diary, on Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 12:25:37PM CET, I got a letter,
where csaba.raduly at sophos.com told me, that...

> On 24/12/2001 00:38:19 links-list-owner wrote:
>
> [snip]
> >
> >  My main goal for 1.0 is http auth, IPv6 support and downloads resume.
>                                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> How about spawning (or fork/execing :) wget (or pavuk, or curl) ?
I won't let this pass in (unless someone'll give me a hard time conviencing me ;).
It adds unneccessary dependencies and it's only going to make our life harder.

> One of the acions available for a link is "download".
> Perhaps this coule be extended with an "external download", launching a
> (configurable) download agent.
I don't happen to like this a lot. If we would be going to do this, I would
be for much more universal model - let more actions to be associated with
one MIME type (or even mask). Then associate with */* action ~download~, and
we will have behaviour like now. And everyone can assign any external app
for download of anything.

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC, FreeCiv, (e)links
.
The advantage of GUI is that you can see everything you can change.
The disadvantage of GUI is that you can change only what you can see.
.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org