[links-list] Re: Links on SunOS

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Thu Jan 17 00:07:39 PST 2002

Dear diary, on Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 04:22:41AM CET, I got a letter,
where Kevin Collins <kevin at catatonic.org> told me, that...
> On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Nicolas George wrote:
>
> > Le septidi 27 nivôse, an CCX, Kevin Collins a écrit :
> > > Has anyone succesfully compiled Links on SunOS?
> >
> > No problem here.
> >

> Well that is good to know! :-)
>
> My make ends up dying at menu.c witha  reference to menu.o:
>

> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.     -g -O2 -c menu.c
> menu.c: In function `memory_info':
> menu.c:210: invalid operands to binary +
> menu.c:211: invalid operands to binary +
> menu.c:212: invalid operands to binary +
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `menu.o'
>

> I don't claim C expertise; can someone give a hint that is causing this?
> thanks
> Kevin
SunOS' sprintf() probably doesn't return anything. Taking return value from
sprintf() is really unreliable, can anyone please rewrite this? :)

Quick fix: comment #define LEAK_DEBUG in setup.h

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC, FreeCiv, (e)links
.
The advantage of GUI is that you can see everything you can change.
The disadvantage of GUI is that you can change only what you can see.
.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org