[links-list] Re: URL mangling

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Thu Jan 17 09:29:25 PST 2002

Dear diary, on Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 12:21:24AM CET, I got a letter,
where clemensF <ino-waiting at gmx.net> told me, that...
> > Josef 'Jupp' Schugt:
>
> > lm at geocities.com?subject=WPP%20-%20The%20Web%20Preprocessor
> >
> > Add appropriate protocol part. You did not note it, could be ftp://,
> > http:// or even mailto:
>
> not that i had not checked.  so i double checked.  the mailer get's handed
> down "To: <@geocities.com_subject_WPP_20-_20The_20Web_20Preprocessor>".
> yes, despite the suspicious "@" sign, it *was* a mailto.
Fixed the main problem, with disappearing user name in front of '@'.

The second problem is a bit more complicated - simplest solution will be
probably to strip query string at all for now.

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC, FreeCiv, (e)links
.
The advantage of GUI is that you can see everything you can change.
The disadvantage of GUI is that you can change only what you can see.
.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org