[links-list] Re: 0.97pre1

Matt Ackeret mattack at area.com
Tue Jan 29 17:09:00 PST 2002

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Mikulas Patocka wrote:
>I looked at patches at http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/dev/links/ and decided:

..
>cookies-resave-0.96.patch -- i don't like the idea of saving cookies and i
>	don't need it (paranoia strikez - i don't want anybody to make
>	statistics about me).
>user-agent-0.96-lng.patch -- not applied - i don't need to fake
>	user-agent.

Is there any way you can be convinced to put these into the "real"
distribution?

I realize that links is your project, but both of these are needed
for *real world* use of the web.

1) we need to fake our user agent for lamely written web sites.  Yes,
we should not have to do that..  But to use ACTUAL web sites, we do.

2) not saving cookies again makes actual real world usage of websites
much harder -- such as having to re log into sites OVER AND OVER AND OVER..
(e.g. netflix.com, I'm not even doing anything secure, but having to re log
in would make it MUCH more of a pain)

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org