[links-list] Re: 0.97pre1

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Tue Jan 29 22:47:36 PST 2002

Dear diary, on Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 02:03:32AM CET, I got a letter,
where Mikulas Patocka <mikulas at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> told me, that...
> > Dear diary, on Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 06:01:18PM CET, I got a letter,
> > where Mikulas Patocka <mikulas at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> told me, that...
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I uploaded links 0.97pre1.
> > Should I send you the elinks stuff newer than -pb3 separated in patches?
> >
> > OBTW, will be the rest of -pb3 stuff applied later? If not, can you please
> > send me reasons why the rejected patches were rejected? ;)
>
> I looked at patches at http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/dev/links/ and decided:
>
> cookies-resave-0.96.patch -- i don't like the idea of saving cookies and i
> 	don't need it (paranoia strikez - i don't want anybody to make
> 	statistics about me).
but we may want :) what about configurable option?

> crfix-0.96.patch -- not applied - i don't know why is it needed.
ok, in fact i wasn't successful.. ;) but the reason was that \13 alone wasn't
taken as eoln, and in other browsers it was, iirc

> editarea-0.96.patch -- not applied - very dirty & buggy (static variables
> 	pointing to other structures).
ok, can you please give me some ideas about how to do it better? it seems to
me that whole communication between links' instances is somewhat dirty.. ;)

> noqstrip-0.96.patch -- applied and modified to really strip '?' when there
> 	is no "action" attribute.
i'll have a look at it

> referer-0.96.patch -- not applied - i don't like referer.
> true-referer-0.96-lng.patch -- not applied - i don't like referer.
but we may like it :) and it already is configurablee option and by default
off.

> user-agent-0.96-lng.patch -- not applied - i don't need to fake
> 	user-agent.
but we may need to. and it's optional as well and by default off.

what about the elinks stuff?

obtw, 0.97pre1 contains some .rej and .orig files (and can you please also
provide incremental patches? ;)

regards,

* UN*X programmer && admin         * IPv6 guy (XS26 co-coordinator)
* elinks maintainer                * FreeCiv AI hacker
* IRCnet local operator
.
"Something has fallen on us that falls very seldom on men; perhaps the worst
thing that can fall on them.
We have found the truth; and the truth makes no sense."
		-- Father Brown
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org