[links-list] Re: 0.97pre1

Mikulas Patocka mikulas at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz
Wed Jan 30 06:10:36 PST 2002

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Petr Baudis wrote:

> Dear diary, on Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 02:03:32AM CET, I got a letter,
> where Mikulas Patocka <mikulas at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> told me, that...
> > > Dear diary, on Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 06:01:18PM CET, I got a letter,
> > > where Mikulas Patocka <mikulas at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> told me, that...

> > > Should I send you the elinks stuff newer than -pb3 separated in patches?
> > >
> > > OBTW, will be the rest of -pb3 stuff applied later? If not, can you please
> > > send me reasons why the rejected patches were rejected? ;)
> >
> > I looked at patches at http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/dev/links/ and decided:
> >
> > cookies-resave-0.96.patch -- i don't like the idea of saving cookies and i
> > 	don't need it (paranoia strikez - i don't want anybody to make
> > 	statistics about me).
> but we may want :) what about configurable option?

Hmm, I don't know ...

> > crfix-0.96.patch -- not applied - i don't know why is it needed.
> ok, in fact i wasn't successful.. ;) but the reason was that \13 alone wasn't
> taken as eoln, and in other browsers it was, iirc
>
> > editarea-0.96.patch -- not applied - very dirty & buggy (static variables
> > 	pointing to other structures).
> ok, can you please give me some ideas about how to do it better? it seems to
> me that whole communication between links' instances is somewhat dirty.. ;)

Hmm, I don't know. Probably modify exec subprocess/thread to return back
some information.

> > noqstrip-0.96.patch -- applied and modified to really strip '?' when there
> > 	is no "action" attribute.
> i'll have a look at it
>
> > referer-0.96.patch -- not applied - i don't like referer.
> > true-referer-0.96-lng.patch -- not applied - i don't like referer.
> but we may like it :) and it already is configurablee option and by default
> off.
>
> > user-agent-0.96-lng.patch -- not applied - i don't need to fake
> > 	user-agent.
> but we may need to. and it's optional as well and by default off.

I'm just afraid of creeping featurism.

> what about the elinks stuff?

I tried some os/2 elinks binary i found on hobbes, and i got segfault
quite quickly when clicking on 'history' and 'unhistory'. I'd rather keep
these things away from normal links.

> obtw, 0.97pre1 contains some .rej and .orig files (and can you please also
> provide incremental patches? ;)

I deleted .rej and .orig and I modified my upload script so that it makes
patches and places them to download/old-patches/

Mikulas

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org