[links-list] Re: 0.97pre1

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Wed Jan 30 06:39:38 PST 2002

Dear diary, on Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 03:10:36PM CET, I got a letter, where
Mikulas Patocka <mikulas at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> told me, that...
> > > editarea-0.96.patch -- not applied - very dirty & buggy (static variables
> > > pointing to other structures).
> > ok, can you please give me some ideas about how to do it better? it seems
> > to me that whole communication between links' instances is somewhat dirty..
> > ;)
>
> Hmm, I don't know. Probably modify exec subprocess/thread to return back some
> information.
I'll try to investigate that, thanks.

> > what about the elinks stuff?
>
> I tried some os/2 elinks binary i found on hobbes, and i got segfault quite
> quickly when clicking on 'history' and 'unhistory'. I'd rather keep these
> things away from normal links.
Well, unhistory apparently has some problems and I'm going to review this stuff
before making elinks-0.3 STABLE (unhistory isn't in elinks-0.2). The only other
thing I believe may have some serious problems is partial rewrite of DNS
lookups and IPv6 support.

By the way, hobbes binary is VERY old (Jan 1) - this segfault was fixed as well
as coredumps on quit and many other things.

> > obtw, 0.97pre1 contains some .rej and .orig files (and can you please also
> > provide incremental patches? ;)
>
> I deleted .rej and .orig and I modified my upload script so that it makes
> patches and places them to download/old-patches/
Fine, many thanks.

OBTW I merged almost everything (each of us removed different occurence of the
double 0x0d bug ;] - i kept the my one) into elinks-0.3 and I'm going to
probably put at least most urgent bugfixes to elinks-0.2 as well.

Oh, and now I see 0.97pre2 out! ;)

* UN*X programmer && admin         * IPv6 guy (XS26 co-coordinator)
* elinks maintainer                * FreeCiv AI hacker
* IRCnet local operator
.
"Something has fallen on us that falls very seldom on men; perhaps the worst
thing that can fall on them.
We have found the truth; and the truth makes no sense."
		-- Father Brown
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org