[links-list] Re: 0.97pre1

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Thu Jan 31 11:43:53 PST 2002

Dear diary, on Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 08:19:58PM CET, I got a letter, where
Mikulas Patocka <mikulas at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> told me, that...
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Petr Baudis wrote:
>
> > Dear diary, on Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 03:39:38PM CET, I got a letter, where
> > Petr Baudis <pasky at pasky.ji.cz> told me, that...

> > > Well, unhistory apparently has some problems and I'm going to review this
> > > stuff before making elinks-0.3 STABLE (unhistory isn't in elinks-0.2).
> > > The only other thing I believe may have some serious problems is partial
> > > rewrite of DNS lookups and IPv6 support.
> >
> > Now I think I hopefully fixed the bugs in unhistory (it basically didn't
> > appropriatelly took the first member of the history as a current location).
> >
> > OBTW, what about the rewritten DNS lookups and IPv6 support? (which
> > definitively is not a creeping featurism but just staying in touch with
> > internet development).
>
> IPv6 might go in. If it isn't too large & dirty. You basically have to change
> typedef unsigned ip to a larger type and rewrite lookup and connect.

It relies on the rewritten DNS lookups, which should be neither too large or
dirty, IIRC. The IPv6 support is itself only relatively minor modification and
you need only to change the URL parser appropriatelly then.

* UN*X programmer && admin         * IPv6 guy (XS26 co-coordinator)
* elinks maintainer                * FreeCiv AI hacker
* IRCnet local operator
.
"Something has fallen on us that falls very seldom on men; perhaps the worst
thing that can fall on them.
We have found the truth; and the truth makes no sense."
		-- Father Brown
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org