[links-list] Re: ELinks 0.4pre7.CVS looses mime-type associations!

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Mon Jun 10 06:36:43 PDT 2002

Dear diary, on Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 02:23:44PM CEST, I got a letter,
where clemensF <ino-waiting at gmx.net> told me, that...
> > Petr Baudis:
>
> > Dear diary, on Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 03:00:34PM CEST, I got a letter,
> > where clemensF <ino-waiting at gmx.net> told me, that...
> > > i've set up xv(1) to view images of the prominent types (gif, jpeg, tiff,
> > > png), together with the neccessary file extensions etc.
> > >
> > > problem:  whenever i start elinks anew, it forgot that part of the game,
> > > and i have to type it in again!
> >
> > Sorry but saving terminal options, associations, extensions and keybindings
> > does not work now; we're working on the issue. Anyway, thou shalt read
> > ChangeLog if you are using version from CVS, it is clearly (and even
> > capitalized) written there ;p.
>
> i'm having difficulty to determine which version has the following
> properties, as you don't mention version numbers or tag-names in the
> changelog:

I mark each release in ChangeLog; commits to non-HEAD branches are marked in
the ChangeLog, like:

Sun May 19 11:07:56 2002  Petr Baudis <pasky at ji.cz>:

        * main.c (REL_0_3):

        Fixed possible crash when reading long streams by -source. Patch by
        Mikulas.

> it must
> 1.  install as "elinks",
> 2.  save options, even if it leaks a little :),
> 3.  have LUA,
> 4.  have SSL,
> 5.  have Cookies,
> 6.  and it should provide the global history.

Well, if "leaks" means you can live w/o associations, I recommend you HEAD ;).

Object orientation is in the mind, not in the compiler. -- Alan Cox
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org