[links-list] Re: 486 and links

Petr Kulhavy brain at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz
Wed Jun 19 14:10:37 PDT 2002

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, root wrote:

> why the heck i need 48bit gamma correction while my display is 4 bit deep
> ?
Because 24bit gamma correction looks ugly on truecolor displays.

> only one q : are bitmap fonts a lot larger and then rescaled to fit proper
> size or are at all sizes, and then just or'ed in proper place in video
> mem.

About 100pixels of height, then rescaled to wanted height.

Brain
Petr `Brain' Kulhavy
<brain at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics,
Charles University Prague, Czech Republic

---
No matter where I go, the place is always called "here".

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org