[links-list] Re: HTTP Auth

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Wed May 1 03:02:24 PDT 2002

Dear diary, on Wed, May 01, 2002 at 11:44:40AM CEST, I got a letter,
where Nige <nigel.scott at uk.thalesgroup.com> told me, that...
> Hi - I recently found links and am trying to get the http-auth stuff to
> work.
>
> I've downloaded elinks-0.4pre5 and built it, but I don't know how to
> actually enter my username and password.

You just type the URL and if it wants authentication, dialog box will pop up
asking you for username and password. From ELinks-0.4pre6 on, you can also
enter the user and password to the URL itself, in format http://user@pass:url.

Object orientation is in the mind, not in the compiler. -- Alan Cox
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org