[links-list] Re: BUG in forms

Anders Widman andewid at tnonline.net
Wed May 1 04:27:17 PDT 2002

Sure. This is what happens:

I am trying to post in a forum. To read a thread and reply to it I go
to the following url
http://www.lka.nu/castle/tavernroom.php?thread=115 where 115 is this
particular forum/thread.

The sourcecode for the form that should be submitted is like this:

<form method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="reply">
<input type="submit" value="Post Reply">

So, when a user press submit the values/data of the form should be
submitted to the originating url
(http://www.lka.nu/castle/tavernroom.php?thread=115). The problem is
that this URL already contains "?thread=115" which seem to confuce
Links/ELinks. So wha Links does is to just cut off the "?thread=115"
part and insert the form.

So, what should look like this:
http://www.lka.nu/castle/tavernroom.php?thread=115&action=reply&content=fldjflkjdfljd

is submitted as: