[links-list] Re: BUG in forms

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Wed May 1 05:46:56 PDT 2002

Dear diary, on Wed, May 01, 2002 at 01:27:17PM CEST, I got a letter,
where Anders Widman <andewid at tnonline.net> told me, that...
> Sure. This is what happens:
>
> I am trying to post in a forum. To read a thread and reply to it I go
> to the following url
> http://www.lka.nu/castle/tavernroom.php?thread=115 where 115 is this
> particular forum/thread.
>
> The sourcecode for the form that should be submitted is like this:
>

> <form method="post">
> <input type="hidden" name="action" value="reply">
> <input type="submit" value="Post Reply">
>
> So, when a user press submit the values/data of the form should be
> submitted to the originating url
> (http://www.lka.nu/castle/tavernroom.php?thread=115). The problem is
> that this URL already contains "?thread=115" which seem to confuce
> Links/ELinks. So wha Links does is to just cut off the "?thread=115"
> part and insert the form.
>
> So, what should look like this:
> http://www.lka.nu/castle/tavernroom.php?thread=115&action=reply&content=fldjflkjdfljd
>
> is submitted as:
>
> http://www.lka.nu/castle/tavernroom.php?action=reply&content=fdlfkdflkjdfd

Hmm, there's apparently code dedicated specially for striping anything behind
'?' from the URL when there's no action attribute. I can't see reason for it,
so I just now commented it out for now. Mikulas?

Object orientation is in the mind, not in the compiler. -- Alan Cox
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org