[links-list] Re: HTTP Auth

clemensF ino-waiting at gmx.net
Tue May 14 11:49:15 PDT 2002

> Petr Baudis:

> Well, do you think that current proxy-auth support is inappropriate and that
> we should not save proxy-auth info and always pop up http-auth-like box asking
> for the neccessary credentials? I just wonder.. :)

no, not at all.  it was just that bennet todd told us only briefly about
this, and whenever this comes up i must think about ipcheck, which used to
be a few KBytes when it started out, and never changed it's basic
functionality.  but it is over ten times the size today, and all the bloat
is because of the dozens(!) of different routers/proxies and whatnot.

moreover, as it is scripted, everybody wanting to fiddle with it just needs
to be able to read to get the latest and greatest about authenticating
proxies.  so i thought it was worthwhile to mention it.

but, seriously, pasky, you know that i don't approve of your doings and
once i get elected sheriff, *elinks will be my town again*!, ya hear???

--
Clemens "The Incompatible" Fischer
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org