[links-list] Re: HTTP Auth

Bennett Todd bet at rahul.net
Fri May 17 05:29:55 PDT 2002

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 02:44:57PM +0100, Nige wrote:
> I think this is what I am actually after. I want to use Links so I can
> stealthily surf from work, but I never actually get the opportunity to
> enter the username/password...

As far as I know, there's no interactive prompter.

> What do I need in my links.cfg file to get it to work?

(1) You need to be running a recent elinks. I am running 0.4, it works there.

(2) Go into the setup menu, adjust anything you wish to, then use the "Save
options" menu item.

(3) Take a text editor to ~/.links/links.cfg, you'll find a couple of lines
that look like

	proxy_user ""
	proxy_passwd ""

Edit them to fill in the proxy username and password between the quotes. Then
restart links, it'll be sending the necessary proxy auth credentials with
every request.

-Bennett
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org