[links-list] Re: [buytenh at gnu.org: elinks 20020302 segfaults on -source]

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Fri May 17 11:08:51 PDT 2002

Dear diary, on Wed, May 15, 2002 at 08:41:55AM CEST, I got a letter,
where Cliff Cunnington <cliff at ccnet.demon.nl> told me, that...
> [(e)links bug report, forwarded to links-list on behalf of non-subscriber]
>

> From: Lennert Buytenhek <buytenh at gnu.org>
> To: cliff at users.sourceforge.net
> Subject: elinks 20020302 segfaults on -source
> Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 12:49:17 -0400
>
> Hi,
>
> Calling 'links -source URL' on an mpeg feed causes elinks to
> segfault within a few minutes, every single time.  When links
> was still links, it already did this, in fact, it always has,
> while lynx has always worked properly.
>
> Backtrace usually looks something like this:
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x0807a20c in end_dump (stat=0x8100540, p=0x0) at main.c:187
> #1  0x08080655 in send_connection_info (c=0x81062c0) at sched.c:222
> #2  0x08080119 in setcstate (c=0x81062c0, state=7) at sched.c:129
> #3  0x08075957 in read_http_data (c=0x81062c0, rb=0x8106b20) at http.c:469
> #4  0x08055a60 in read_select (c=0x81062c0) at connect.c:440
> #5  0x08083946 in select_loop (init=0x807a468 <init>) at select.c:366
> #6  0x0807a861 in main (argc=3, argv=0xbffff954) at main.c:336
> #7  0x42017499 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
>
> Feel free to contact me for more info.

Hmm.. maybe it's possible that it filled all available memory and then it
didn't handle the critical situation properly.

Could you please show me also the line where it segfaulted?

Object orientation is in the mind, not in the compiler. -- Alan Cox
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org