[links-list] Re: links with javascript & graphics

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Sat May 18 03:25:58 PDT 2002

Dear diary, on Sat, May 18, 2002 at 12:20:39PM CEST, I got a letter,
where clemensF <ino-waiting at gmx.net> told me, that...
> > Petr Kulhavy:
>
> > What do you mean with "real javascript" ?
>
> i mean "real" versus "simulated", as in greping a page for javascripts
> window.open() calls and rewriting the current URL accordingly.  this is
> what one can do in lynx.  on the other hand, i see that in links.current
> there are files named "javascr[ipt]" of considerable size containing java
> related grammar.
>
> now i'm wondering:  does links' javascript implement the document model
> completely?  what are the current limitations?

The javascript in Links is real then. I've no idea about limitations, though.

> there is a reason for me beeing nosy:  i'd need http://office.freenet.de to
> work, but it is heavily javascript-mutilated.  Jonas Fonseca showed me the
> trick to navigate thru such sites by scanning the source for the
> window.open() function, and it really got me much further.  but real
> javascript does much more of the many things i'll never need myself (but am
> forced to use).

If you mean stuff like
javascript:popup('http://www.freenet.de/hilfe/60e_mail_office/tour/index.html',680,510),
that works in Links properly. Just Try It :).

Object orientation is in the mind, not in the compiler. -- Alan Cox
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org