[links-list] Re: links with javascript & graphics

Martin Pergel mper7437 at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz
Sun May 19 11:18:52 PDT 2002

Hallo,

On Sat, 18 May 2002, Witold Filipczyk wrote:

> On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 12:59:16PM +0200, Petr Kulhavy wrote:
> > On 18 May 2002, clemensF wrote:

> > So we are using Netscape Javascript 1.1 standard, because that was only
> > grammar we found when we started javascript programming. About year after
> > we found Javascript 1.3 by Netscape, but it was too late at that moment.
> ECMAScript Language Specification http://www.ecma.ch ?

     I don't in fact understand what you mean. Javascript 1.3, as I found,
has grammar specified by ECMA-262, which I started to implement two years
ago without any document object model, so after one month, after I found
specification Javascript 1.1, I changed it. ECMA-262 has some
disadvantages, like lot of reduce-reduce and shift-reduce conflicts, the
former ones are BAD, the ladder ones are acceptable. Document object model
from Javascript 1.3 (what I have seen, if I am right) could be specified
by some paper somewhere on
developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/communicator/jsref...

     As I have written, I don't understand meaning of your remark, but as
I think, the grammar from ECMA-262 won't be used, I'll try to make some
grammar close to LALR(1) class of grammars. Features of Javascript
specified by ECMA-262 will probably motivate me to enhance some features,
but there are some features I don't want to do (like prototypes which
are supported by javascript 1.1 spec. too) and it will be hard problem to
make me do them. B-)

     I've heard about Javascript 1.5, but I don't know anything about it.
Do you know about some specification? I guess it is language interpretable
only like this:
x.*	show(oraculum());

B-)

     Have a nice day