[links-list] Re: problems with links-2.0pre3

Petr Kulhavy brain at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz
Fri May 24 12:46:55 PDT 2002

On Fri, 24 May 2002, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

> I am trying to use links-2.0pre3 with ssl and with javascript enabled.
> First of
> all, I got this message at the end of the "make".
>
> session.o: In function `get_temp_name':
> /usr/local/src/links-2.0pre3/session.c:556: the use of `tempnam' is dangerous, b
> etter use `mkstemp'
>
> But it didn't give me an error so I installed for now. Fine.
> Only when I started it up, I found that i'm getting urls frequently in English
> plus something mixed in in another language (maybe czech?). Very
> confusing, since it's all on the same screen.
> Here's a little sample.
>
> Podtekl zasobnik otcu!
>
> Vjizdim do fce assig[ Allow ]ji...
> What is going on here and what can I do about it. I do have "English" chosen in
> the setup.
> I am using woody debian linux.
> Also, if it's a problem with the pre3 rather than something I need to do, where
> do I find a pre2 or pre1. I didn't see either of these on the home page; a
> search brought up the cataloging in freshmeat but I haven't found the actual
> file.

Sorry, that was a mistake. Clock created the package at the moment when
CVS contained forgotten debugging messages in javascript (for about 5
minutes).

Quick patch:

vi ipret.c and find:
#define debug(a) \
        printf(a)
#undef debug
/* #define debug(a) */

It's about two screens below the start of the file. It's one of last
#defines at the beginning.

Remove the comment around the #define debug(a)

It should look like this (after remove):

#define debug(a) \
        printf(a)
#undef debug
#define debug(a)

Brain

Petr `Brain' Kulhavy
<brain at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics,
Charles University Prague, Czech Republic

---
The optimum committee has no members.
                -- Norman Augustine

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org