[links-list] Re: problems with links-2.0pre3

Petr Kulhavy brain at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz
Fri May 24 12:56:59 PDT 2002

On Fri, 24 May 2002, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

> I am trying to use links-2.0pre3 with ssl and with javascript enabled.
> First of
> all, I got this message at the end of the "make".
>
> session.o: In function `get_temp_name':
> /usr/local/src/links-2.0pre3/session.c:556: the use of `tempnam' is dangerous, b
> etter use `mkstemp'

Yeah. That's annoying. We don't use mkstemp, because it isn't on all
systems, tempnam is more portable. But we're using tempnam the way
mkstemp works --- the right safe way, so the temp files can't collide.

Brain

Petr `Brain' Kulhavy
<brain at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics,
Charles University Prague, Czech Republic

---
The optimum committee has no members.
                -- Norman Augustine

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org